Riverside Meadows Cabins are located 23 miles from Wolf Creek Ski Area, 4 miles from the Rio Grande Club Golf Course, and 4 miles from a wide variety of restaurants, groceries, shopping, outdoor activities, and gas stations in South Fork. Our guarantee - You won't be bored!
How Things Work at Riverside Meadows
- Guests are always welcome to use the gas grill and fire pit area for cooking or just for relaxing.
- Each bedroom has its own TV with cable, HBO, and DVD/VCR. We also have a DVD library of about 100 movies.e river.
- We are a non-smoking inn.
- Kids are welcome! Parents assume all responsibility for their children and need to know the risks associated with being on the banks of a river. Please keep a close eye on your kids and pets!
- We accept pets ONLY in the Studio Cabin with reservations. Pets should never be left unsupervised, and owners are responsible for any damage caused by their pets.
- The hot tub is maintained daily and is for guests' use only. There is NO onsite supervision. No glass containers are allowed in the hot tub. Kids are allowed with parental supervision.
- Visa, MasterCard, and cash are accepted!
- Check-In time is 4 PM and Check-Out time is 11 AM. If your cabin is available earlier, you are welcome to check in early. If no one is coming in that day, you are welcome to checkout later.
- We recycle plastics, glass, tin, and aluminum and have made several recycle containers readily available. Please rinse!
- Please note our Cancellation Policy: We do not give credits for early departures. The full rate will be charged per room if cancelled within 30 days of scheduled arrival, if we are able to rebook your cancellation we will make a refund based on what we were able to rebook. If multiple cabins are reserved, canceling 1 cabin may cancel all cabins.
Our StoryRiverside Meadows was built entirely by the owners, Fritz and Paula Allen, along with their daughter Sadi, and we would like to welcome you to our home! This is our primary residence and we will most likely be here for your stay, your private cabin will allow you as much privacy as you like and we will be available to help with any questions and/or problems that inevitably arise.
The idea for our log complex came from old-world Norway and a house we loved from Vail. The master and guest bedrooms are separated from the main house, creating privacy and great outdoor living spaces along the banks of the Rio Grande. Landscaped gardens and pathways leading to each building complete the private and secluded setting. The log complex was built almost entirely by us, starting with the cutting of the dovetail corners on the hand-hewn logs to installing the chinking. We would be happy to share our experiences and knowledge with those interested in building their own log cabin. You would be surprised how easy it is if you are willing to take the time.